Wednesday 30th November
Good morning! Sorry to not be there today.
8.45 - 8.55
Get your belongings ready and then go to the hall for Wednesday Word.
8.55 - 9.15
9.20 - 9.25
- Have all 9 pupils going to the Tag Rugby brought their slips back?
- Got a packed lunch? Water bottle? PE kit on bodies? Jumper / coat?
- Miss F will be in contact with office re. Tag Rugby. UPDATE: Done. Mrs W will pass on risk assessment and contact list.
9.25 - 10.30
LO: To calculate with multiples of 10, 100 and 1000
Prepare for learning
- How far did we get yesterday?
- What are the key things we need to remember when we are multiplying by 10? 100? 1000?
- How does this help us to multiply multiples of 10, 100 or 1000?
DEPENDING ON HOW FAR THE LESSON GOT YESTERDAY, YOU COULD WATCH THE VIDEO AT THIS POINT. ALTERNATIVELY, GO THROUGH THE PNI AND CONSTRUCT QUESTIONS FROM YESTERDAY AS THEY GRADUALLY INTRODUCE THE STRATEGY.
Use Mini whiteboards to answer these questions one at a time as read out by adult.
- How would you do 30 x 500 using our method?
- How would you do 300 x 50?
- How would you do 300 x 500?
- What about 1500 x 20?
- How would this help with 1500 x 40?
Apply / Review
- Questions from yesterday. Here is link to yesterday's page.
- Then, mark them as instructed yesterday.
10.45 - 12.15 - Finishing Art work
11.30 - Lunch and get ready for Tag Rugby
11.55 - Leave for Tag Rugby
12.45 - Forest School
Art 10 45 - 11.30, then on to 12.15
Finishing all art work
- Give out sketchbooks, the 'inner and outer-self' portraits, the Frida Kahlo portrait drawings and the Christmas Cards from yesterday. (some children may not have started some of these, but all work is by the sketchbooks)
- Children look through the work and make sure work is named clearly.
- Ask pupils what needs to be finished.
- Pupils share what they will need to do in the time available for finishing off. Feedback to class.
DO THIS FIRST
Finishing Christmas Cards Winter Scene from yesterday
- The link below is to take you to yesterday's art lesson.
- How far did you get through the lesson? I think you all did one in your sketchbooks, but only one person made into a mini card?
- Carry on with what you need to do to finish, so that everyone can have a Christmas card in the class calendar.
IF YOU HAVE TIME, DO THIS SECOND
To finish inner and outer self
- Background looks finished (water colour background and can add pastel or silver pen etc)
- You have gone over all pencil lines with a black handwriting pen (metal cupboard)
- Look at finished ones as an example.
- Write name clearly and neatly ON THE FRONT in black pen.
IF YOU HAVE TIME DO THIS THIRD
To finish your Frida Kahlo portrait
- Some of you started a portrait of Frida Kahlo. You could have some time to finish it off. Look at Lola's for an example.
11.30 - 11.55
Children going to Tag Rugby
- Pack belongings away.
- Get coats, jumpers, water, trainers etc ready.
- Eat packed lunch in library?
- Toilet visit.
- Bus arriving 11.55pm.
- Back by 2.30ish.
Children going to Forest School
- 12.15 - lunch in hall
- Mrs C will get and sort children for forest school.
- Forest School - 12.45 - 14.15
12.15 - 13.15 lunch
13.15 - 13.30 Silent Reading
Computing / Science
LO: To create a PowerPoint quiz to show what you know about classification
- You are going to create a PowerPoint quiz all about classification.
- You may work on your own or with another.
- You must use the scientific facts you have learned (use your science books) to think of questions and answers for the quiz.
- You can use hyperlinks to 'YES' 'NO' response pages to show right or wring answers, or the quiz can be one where you ask the player to write down the answer and you reveal the answers at the end.
- You must use scientific vocabulary such as vertebrate, invertebrate, mammal, arachnid or even echinoderm!
- You will use skills you learned in Sycamore and Oak for this lesson.
14.20 - 14.30
Track Time and meet Forest School Y6s
14.30 - 15.00
Finishing work In RE books - 30 minutes.
- Give out RE books.
- Children look through and have improvement time - 5 minutes.
- What were you learning last time in RE? Discussion and list some ideas on board.
- Pupils share with the class what they were learning and doing.
- Pupils discuss with partners what they will need to do in the next 25 minutes available for finishing off. Feedback to class.
- Have 25 minutes for finishing off, polishing and decorating. Make each piece of work the best it can be.
- Finishers: Do a Star Reader Accelerated Reader Test. Passwords in Oak Class file under desk if needed.