Good morning! Join us at 11.00am for English and stay for class novel at 12.00pm.
Please read for half an hour.
Maths - Y6
LO: To use division to solve problems
- Watch the video, pausing it when asked to answer questions
- Complete the questions on the sheet
- Mark your answers
- Have a go at the True or False question
English - 11am
LO: To use a semi-colon to join two independent clauses.
- Click on the link and watch the video introducing semi-colons.
- Play the quiz - be persistent and try to get 5/5!
- Use the PPT if you need some more examples.
- Complete the activity and mark your work.
Now, watch the video and complete the activity. :)
"Eye of the Storm" - by Lovett
Official video for Lovett's Eye of the Storm directed by Christopher Alender, from the album, Highway Collection. To view a making-of of the video, click he...
LO: To use colour to represent emotion
- Look at the Emotion Thesaurus sheet. Do you see how the words are grouped in different colours?
- Colours are often said to communicate emotions and today you need to draw pictures and use the colours to show different emotions.
- Choose a colour from the chart and then read the words - this is the emotion you will try and draw.
- You could draw imagnitive characters, animals, trees, flowers or plants, or you could write the emotion in large block letters and draw shapes or a pattern behind it.
- Then, shade the drawing in the colour of the emotion. You can use different shades of that colour, for example different kinds of green.
- If you want some help, here is a sheet you could use.
LO: To understand and use plural possession
- Today we are learning about using apostrophes for plural possession.
- Plurals are words we use to show that there is more than one.
- Possession means that something belongs to something else.
- We use apostrophes to help us show possession.
- Watch this video to find out about singular and plural possession and how to use an apostrophe to show possession in singular and plural words.
- Choose a difficulty and write full answers in your book.
- Mark your work and do any improvements.