Good morning...one more sleep everyone!
Here are the Zoom sessions for today
Check the blog for details of who is doing what. Fingers crossed my internet is well behaved.
- 11am – Year 5 maths drop in – short multiplication
- 11:30am - Year 6 maths drop in – short multiplication
- 1pm - Small Group Reading - check the blog for group details
- 1:30pm - Small Group Reading - check the blog for group details
- 2pm to 2:15pm – Maths Assessment Marking - open to all
- 2:15 - School Council Meeting
- 2:30 - Small Group Reading - check the blog for group details
192 Times Tables
- 10 minutes.
- Mark your answers.
- Record your scores on the Padlet.
If you are unable to do the 192 for any reason, please check your My Maths and use the time to do one or two of the tasks set. (I set some more yesterday for you)
LO: To describe the 'character' of a character!
(Scroll down for an alternative activity if you are not following this novel)
- Read the character profile of Malkin. (You may wish to print this out)
- Find any words or phrases that describe his character strengths or weaknesses.
- Find any parts that compare or contrast any of his strengths or weaknesses.
- Bronze: The first paragraph
- Silver: The first two paragraphs
- Gold: All three paragraphs
- (I have attached some possible answers in case you get stuck)
4. What character strengths (or weaknesses) do you think Lily or Robert possess? There is a choice of activities....
- You could write a character profile in the same style as the example,
- Or, draw the character and write their character strengths / weaknesses around the picture,
- Or, create a video or voice recording of your opinions.
What you need to make sure you include, is that you include words to describe the character's character strengths and weaknesses and explain WHY, using information from the text.
For an extra GOLD challenge, can you include comparisons or contrasts?
Alternative English Lesson
A Tale of Two Feathers
- Open the PowerPoint and place it in 'slide show' and play from the beginning. (It's split into two as it was quite large)
- By clicking on the blue question mark circles, questions are revealed for each page, which can be discussed.
- I have saved a PDF of the book as well in case it's needed.
- I have saved some instructions for a bird-feeder, which might be a fun half term activity.
LO: To compose something on a virtual musical instrument
- A bit of fun for you today, to get you experimenting and exploring online virtual instruments.
- I've posted links to a piano and drum machine, but feel free to explore the options on the website. Just have a go!
- Of course, feel free to post videos of your efforts on the blog or email them to me. Enjoy!