The Five Principles of Read Write Inc.
- PACE: No time is wasted during teaching sessions. Children are active and involved in a fun and creative way. The aim is for the children to complete the programme as quickly as possible.
- PRAISE: Teachers praise the children constantly throughout the teaching sessions. The children are encouraged to praise each other through words or actions.
- PURPOSE: Each activity has a very clear purpose. The teacher will set this purpose at the beginning of the lesson so that the children know exactly what they will be learning.
- PARTICIPATION: All children take part in all parts of the lesson. Full participation is gained through partner work and choral response.
- PASSION: As a staff we are passionate about our teaching and the benefits of the Read, Write Inc. programme. We love teaching the sessions and this enthusiasm rubs off onto the children.