Good morning! Pop over to the blog if you haven't already, as the first Kahoot quiz for the week has been set; you have until 5pm. There is also information about today's Zoom sessions.
Spelling Tests - List / Week 6
As we didn't do our spelling tests yesterday, let's start the day with that.
Use the audio recordings to test yourself and then write your result on the padlet.
This Term's Spelling Lists
Here are the spelling lists for this term for Years 5 and 6.
If you are in a Spelling Bees Group, you will need to click on the Spelling Bees link.
Year 5 Spellings Week 1
LO: To spell words that sound like 'or' and are spelled as 'or'
Year 6 Spellings Week 1
LO: To spell words with endings that sound like 'shuhl', after a vowel (a,e,i,o,u)
Maths - Year 5
LO: To multiply 2 digits by 2 digits
TIP: Don't forget to use the maths 'how to...' videos from yesterday, if you need some more help
Maths - Year 6
LO: To calculate area and perimeter
LO: To identify layout features of newspapers
1) Choose two of the example texts of newspaper reports, from the documents below, and read them.
- Think about what it the same and different about how they look on the page.
- You can make notes if you wish, or just discuss this.
3) Open the Padlet below and under the headings write examples of the layout features that you can find in the newspaper reports.
- I will be approving these comments so make sure you use well written sentences, with correct punctuation.
- I will be 'live' on Padlet from 10:30 to 11:00, but will also check back through the day, so make sure you do as well.