LO: To compare information in charts and tables and find the sum (by adding) and difference (by subtracting)
Today, we will learn how to work out sums (adding) and differences (taking away). You will need to understand different words for adding and subtracting so read the questions carefully and use the vocabulary posters if you need a reminder.
LO: To organise information for a non-chronological report
2. The facts are not grouped correctly. Put the facts into the correct groups
using the headings on the sheet.
3. If you have some important information that you think I have missed out, add them to your groups of facts.
4. The answers to the grouping activity will be on tomorrow's page.
LO: To create an arabesque design for a plate
'Arabesque' in art, means a pattern made of lines which swirl or overlap each other and intertwine. It is often used in Islamic patterns on plates. You are going to design a patterned plate today.
1) Look at these images of arabesque patterned plates.
2. Choose a design to put on your plate and practise drawing it. You can use the ideas in the photos, or ideas from the last few weeks.
3. Copy up your design onto a paper plate (or a real one if you're allowed) and send in a photo!
LO: To explore compound time
If anyone wants to send a video of your performance, you know I'd love this.