Monday 30th March 2020
Join Joe Wicks for his National PE lesson at 9:00am. The YouTube link is over on the Daily Routines Page, along with our class prayers. Can you remember to do the class prayers 3 times a day?
LO: To use inference to show understanding of a text
- Complete your reading journals from last week (if you forgot to do them) and then set up your reading journal for this week.
- Read every day in a different location and complete your journal. Maybe you could post photos on the blog, of you reading in unusual places around your house?
- Choose an activity from the AF3 reading cards to develop your inference skills. There is a copy in your home learning packs, but if you want a colour copy, have a look at the Class Routines Page as I've saved them there too. You can send the work through the class email or upload it to the blog.
LO: To know the names of 2D shapes
- Use the answer sheets below by clicking on the photos or opening the document, to mark your perimeter work from last week. The sheets where you needed to print and measure might have slightly different answers so allow close answers, within 2mm smaller or larger.
2. Watch the video clip to introduce simple 2D shapes
3. Use the 2D shape information PowerPoint to revise 2D shapes and their
4) Use the name 2D shapes PowerPoint quiz to see how much you remember.
answers in your books.
5) Do the What Shape am I quiz to test yourself and learn a few new words!
LO: To use resist techniques (masking tape and salt) in watercolour painting
As promised, I've made a video (two in fact) to demonstrate a watercolour technique where we use masking tape and salt to resist the paint. I've listed what you need in the description of the video.
- Click on the video links below to have a go at creating a wintery tree scene.
- When you've had your first go, experiment with different blues, creating your own black with dark blue and dark brown, experimenting with the salt etc.