Monday 20th June 2022 20.06.22
8.45: Reading quietly - monitors set up Hall
9.05: Celebration Assembly
9.30: Maths - Y6 Climate graphs and fact files / Y5 Complements to 1
10.45: PSHE Online Safety
11.45: Big Tidy of the classroom, library, drawer areas and cloak room. (visitors possibly after school) / 192 Times Tables
15.10: Bags ready etc.
Year 6 Maths
LO: To create climate graphs and a fact file
- Make sure you have finished your climate graph from last week.
- Make sure your work is glued neatly in your books with dates and titles.
- You could look back at last week's resources to remind yourselves what you did.
- If you have finished this, or were away for this lesson, do the activity below. This will need printing.
Websites for researching facts for the fact file
LO: To judge whether something online is safe for me
- Pass around Jigsaw Jem and name as many emojis/emoticons as you can.
- Give out sheets (one each) and glue in PSHE books.
- Give out calculators (one between two).
- Using calculators, can you solve these questions? Write your answers on your sheets.
571 webpages are created globally every minute.
• How many webpages are made per hour?
• How many per day?
• How many in an average month (30 days)?
• How many in a year (365 days)?
- You can find the answers below.
- Read all of the information on the sheet.
- Read scenarios and children get into groups.
- Give out scenarios from printed sheets.
- Groups choose a scenario from the printout, cut it out and glue it on the sheet. (may need to be glued along the top edge as a flap)
- In a small group, act out a short scene of the scenario and what the characters need to do to get help. Also show what the teacher (or other character they could tell) could do to help them.