I hope you are well. Here are today's learning opportunities.
LO: To answer VIPERS questions about 'deserts'.
Open the document below.
Read the text about deserts and then write the answers to the questions.
Maths - Year 5 recap lesson
LO: To test your understanding of equivalent fractions
- If you did not do Tuesday or Wednesday's maths lessons, please do those first.
- Have a look at the different challenges below.
- Start at the one you think is right for you.
- Can you get to Gold?
LO: To understand adaptation
- We have been learning about adaptation. This means 'how animals and plants have characteristics which help them survive in the places where they live'.
- This lesson from Oak Academy recaps some of the things we have learned and takes that learning further.
- Click on the link below to access the lesson video.
- Write answers to the questions asked throughout the video.
- When you are asked to, design your own animal, by writing your own adaptations list and drawing the animal!
- For this lesson, you need to choose ONE of the options below. If you are going to be away on Friday, then you may wish to do some of it tomorrow as well.
- You can choose between learning about COLD or HOT environments.
LO: To know how animals are adapted to live in COLD environments
- In this lesson, we will learn about the conditions present in the cold environments of the Arctic and Antarctica.
- We will learn how animals are adapted to live in these environments.
- We will make our own fact cards which can be used in a game. You will need a piece of paper, a pencil, a ruler and scissors for this lesson.
LO: To know how plants and animals have adapted to live in HOT environments
- In this lesson, we will learn the conditions that are present in desert environments.
- We will look at a range of adaptations in desert plants and animals.
- We will look specifically at cacti, camels, kangaroo rats and fennec foxes.
- For this lesson, you will need a piece of paper, a pencil, a ruler and you might want to use colouring pencils.